Whitehelm Client Privacy
The Privacy Officer
Whitehelm Capital Pty Ltd
PO Box 6248
KINGSTON ACT 2604
Ph: +61 2 6273 1222
Fax: + 61 2 6273 1223
Email: [email protected]
At Whitehelm, we understand your concerns about privacy and the security of your personal information. Your privacy is important to us and we are bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’). We are committed to protecting the personal information that we hold about you.
Whitehelm Capital Pty Limited has created this online privacy statement to demonstrate its commitment to protecting personal privacy.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site. This privacy statement applies to all users who access this web site. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us.
- When you browse this web site, our system automatically makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser and operating system you used;
- date and time of your visit;
- the previous site visited;
- which pages are accessed;
- the time spent on individual pages and the site overall;
- which files were downloaded.
This information is analysed to determine this web site’s usage statistics.
However, no attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect our service provider’s log files.
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily choose to participate in an activity through this web site that involves the provision of personal information, such as:
- sending electronic mail to Whitehelm;
- participating in a survey on this web site;
- undertaking a payment or other transaction through this web site;
- suggesting a link from this web site to an external web site.
If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use this web site.
Use of personal information collected
Any personal information you choose to provide will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided and will not be disclosed to other persons or organisations without your prior consent or if required by law.
The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
Information submitted unencrypted via electronic mail or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified. This site contains links to external web sites and this privacy statement does not extend to external web sites. Whitehelm Capital Pty Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external web sites.
Complaints about your privacy
If you wish to raise any concerns about any breach or potential breach of your privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer and we will make every effort to resolve your complaint internally. If you wish to raise a concern, you should be aware of the following;
- Your complaint should be made in writing to the Privacy Officer (via post or email)
- We will attempt to respond within 30 days from receipt of your request
- If you feel your concerns have not been resolved, you may take them to an external dispute resolution service (such as the Financial Ombudsman Service or Credit Ombudsman Service Limited)
- The complaint may be taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
For more information on how you may lodge a complaint with the OAIC, please contact the OAIC hotline service on 1300 363 992 or email [email protected].