Workplace diversity and inclusion is about acknowledging, understanding, supporting, and celebrating different perspectives, backgrounds, and ideas that individuals bring to Whitehelm. Whitehelm also believes that a diverse and inclusive environment contributes to better outcomes for our investors.
While we excel in many areas of diversity and inclusion, we are dedicated to continuous improvement. We have developed and implemented a diversity strategy and measure our progress annually.
Whitehelm’s Diversity Targets are as follows:
- achieve at least 30% female representation at Senior Investment Director and above by 2023;
- maintain equal gender balance at Investment Director and below; and
- maintain a high level of cultural diversity.
As of June 2019 we have 20% female representation in senior management.
We are committed to gender and cultural diversity at all levels and do this in a number of ways:
- We have a Diversity Working Group made up of representatives from across the business
- The Working Group drives the diversity strategy
- Professional and leadership development
- Talent management
- Specific diversity-focussed recruitment strategies
- Competitive parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Strong Board and Management support for the initiative
As part of our commitment to gender diversity here at Whitehelm, we are proud to be signatories to the UK’s Women in Finance Charter. This Charter is a commitment by HM Treasury and signatory firms to work together to build a more balanced and fair industry. Our commitment to charter reflects our aspiration to see gender balance at all levels across financial service firms.