10 June 2021
Today Whitehelm has signed the 2021 Global Investor Statement to Governments on the Climate Crisis calling for all governments to commit to ambitious climate policy action by COP26.
Whitehelm joins 457 investors with $41 trillion in assets under management in urging governments to:
- Strengthen their Nationally Determined Contributions for 2030 – limiting warming to 1.5-degrees Celsius
- Commit to a mid-century, net-zero emissions target with clear sectoral decarbonization roadmaps
- Ensure ambitious pre-2030 action by phasing out fossil fuel subsidies and thermal coal-based power, avoiding new carbon-intensive infrastructure and developing just transition plans
- Ensure COVID-19 economic recovery plans support the transition to net-zero emissions
- Commit to implementing mandatory climate risk disclosure requirements